Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Still Here

Three weeks without updates, incredible. I do apologize, but what can I say? It’s been slow.

Everything’s still going great on the raiding front. I’ve been into Ulduar twice again, and both times we did quite well. I still haven’t seen Ignus fall, unfortunately, but I’ve seen a few other neat bosses. Flame Leviathan is going smoothly now, to the point where I can navigate through the trash mobs without taking much more than a scratch. Too bad the no repair achievement counts for the entire raid. I might go for a motorcycle next, or perhaps be a passenger. So far I’ve only driven a demolisher, but I like it. Razorscale and XT are going fine, and last week we made our way into the Antechamber.

The Antechamber was a very good experience in my opinion. As I said before, the trash mobs are not to be taken lightly, and I enjoy that. I’m not entirely sure how it happened, but during our fight with one of the giants (before the stairs leading up to Kologarn), we lost a few raid members, including healers. The versatility and raiding experience of Samsara really showed there, as the remaining people instantly adjusted their roles to the current situation, taking over healing or adjusting positions. I was impressed and proud of the way we handled it. This was raiding at its best.

With a nice momentum building up, we went for Kologarn. A boss rising up from the depths, who you only get to see him from the waist up. His two arms can be targeted separately, and at least one has to be killed in order to keep him under control. He reminded me of the bosses in those classic Snes RPG’s, and I loved it. The fight itself required a bit of practice, but as soon as we got the right setup and a few practice runs in, he went down nice and clean. We were done for the night at that point, tired but satisfied. We might not have the speed yet to clear Ulduar in one or two nights (as some guilds do), but we’ll get there. And in the meantime, we’ll be having a lot of fun.

A group went into Ulduar again last night, but without me this week. I completely missed the sign-ups, but I would have declined anyway. I’ve had my fun, others can have theirs as well.

My priest is doing fine as well. He’s up to lvl 71, and has enough quests to do. I’m thinking of respeccing to Holy around lvl 75 and start healing instances. It’s ultimately my goal to heal raids with him, so I need to get some practice in. Paladin healing isn’t too hard, as you only have a few healing spells, and it’s quite clear which spell you have to use in what situation. On Myczil I have around 6 healing spells already, and I have no clue when to use what. Good thing we have a Priest class leader. Time to ask him some questions!

By the way Lance, I caught your tag, it'll be up in a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment