Monday, April 13, 2009

Priestly Progress

Look at this.


I’ve been faithfully leveling my Priest Myczil again, after what you could call an alt hiatus, and the result is starting to show. Level 65 with only Hellfire Peninsula and Zangarmarsh done (although Armory isn't showing the last few levels at the time of this blogpost). I know I’ve still got a long way to go, but I like my overall progress.

Quite honestly, it’s hard for me to focus on an alt. The level ranges that just take forever, the utterly annoying quests that you are faced with again, the overall squishiness that you suddenly have again, it’s too easy for me to just give it up and go do a heroic on my Paladin.

But I stuck to it this time and got him up there. After clearing most of Hellfire and Zangarmarsh I went to Nagrand and picked up most of the quests there. I’m torn, however. I loved questing the first time around, and I love the zone in general, as I’ve mentioned earlier. However, I just can’t bring myself to doing it again. Of course I also quested there on my Alliance Death Knight, which might explain the reluctance to go there again.

I think Terokkar Forest is a better choice, and it should get me another level or two. By then I can either go for Nagrand anyway or move on to the higher zones.

Either way, I’m definitely staying in Outland until I hit 70. I don’t want to waste half of the Howling Fjord quests on the 68-70 mark, I’m planning on taking full advantage of the nice exp that Northrend gives.

I have no schedule for him, no planned date on when he should hit 80. I’ll just see where it goes, and get there eventually.

Sometime this year would be nice.

1 comment:

  1. Hey buddy,

    Good going on leveling the alt. I know how it feels, I've pushed a warrior to level 80 in (for me) a very short time.

    Although it's tempting to stay in Outland until you hit level 70, I'd suggest heading to Northrend at level 68. The reason; Northrend mobs and missions grant a lot more experience than Outland does.

    If you hit each zone in sequence, completing all available quests, you'll hit 80 somewhere in Zul'drak.

    In my opinion, that's the quickest way to get through the leveling process.

    -Thrash

    ReplyDelete