Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Personal Projects

Sorry for the lack of updates, I’ve been out of commission for the past few days, unable to post. I’m back though, so let’s get cracking!

Recently, I introduced an initiative from all our Deathbringers (read: Officer’s pets) into the guild. This initiative, called “Deathbringers will help YOU into raids!”, basically consists of us Deathbringers to help fresh 80s gear up and get ready for Naxx. 10-man content is cool, but quite frankly also getting boring. And with Ulduar around the corner, getting a 25-man team ready is important for our progress as a guild. So we’ve been helping guildies run heroics and get their gear together, and a few of them are already raiding Naxx with success, so it’s definitely paying off.

I’ve taken on my own personal project, so to speak. My Hunter-turned-Pally friend (whom I shall name Cara, as I have a feeling this won’t be the last time she’ll pop up in my posts) introduced a friend of hers to WoW a while back, and the poor guy has been hooked ever since. After starting a Warlock, he quickly decided that necromantic spellcaster wasn’t what he wanted his business card to show, and he switched to Death Knight as soon as he hit 55. It’s been his main ever since, and he recently dinged to 80! It has always been his intent to tank, so while leveling up we’ve let him tank some normal instances. So now, at level 80, he’s getting used to keeping aggro, marking mobs, boss strategies and whatnot. And seeing as he’s become such a good friend, I really want to see him succeed and successfully tank Naxxramas (honestly, I’d love to be there for his first time). And so we’re getting him through high-end normals, and pretty soon also heroics, for the necessary gear upgrades and all-important experience.

It also shows that it doesn’t matter where you go, as long as you bring some good company. I’m done with normals on Vaadren, and there are some heroics that I’ve seen too often as well, but good company plus Ventrilo always equals good times, even if you add bothersome instance into the equation.

On another note, the poll has ended, and here are the results:

Question: Which layout do you like better?
Answer 1: The old layout was better: 0 votes (0%)
Answer 2: The new layout is better: 8 votes (80%)
Answer 3: They’re both just as good: 2 votes (20%)


Not that I'd immediately change the new layout if you hated it (although it'd make me think about it), but it's cool to know that you like it as much as I do. There’s a new poll up, so ahead and vote again.

The “Taking a look around” post for Outland is almost done, it should be up tomorrow. After that, Northrend of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment