Sunday, February 8, 2009

Besting the Black Dragonflight

By now a lot of people have already seen, defeated and farmed Sartharion. However, I've never been able to do so because real life interefered with the guilds OS raiding times. I managed to join last night though, and it was fun.

Sarth3D is still a bit ambitious, so we just took the three drakes down and went for Sartharion himself. The fight itself is fairly straightforward, and you only have to watch out for the lava walls that he spawns every now and then. We managed to get him down first try, so with a few more tries we can start upping the stakes and leave one drake alive.

Naxx came after that, where we cleared Spider Wing and Military Wing in one night, all except the Four Horsemen. We started a bit late, so we only managed to get one try before we had to call it for the night. Still, it was a very good run in all, and we had a lot of fun.

After last nights Sartharion, I got invited for a pugged OS heroic tonight, and happily came along. It took a few tries, but we got him down, and again it was very fun. The DPS meter went up, and in the end it stuck at fourth place around 2850, so I was pretty satisfied.

The Naxx follow up is coming up tuesday, so we'll see how that goes. I'm looking forward to it!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I didn't know you had a toon on SWC!!!!

    I'll keep an eye out for you in Dalaran!!

    Add my shaman to your friend list - Shamanjim and I'll do the same - be nice to chat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dalaran will be a while away still, as my DK is level 64, but I'm working on it.

    I'll put your shaman on my friends list and keep an eye out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shaman is Horde, it seems?

    I'm playing Alliance on SWC, so we're bound to run into each other someday when you're actually playing Firelight (or another of your Alliance toons).

    Rhyl the Human Death Knight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops! Just was looking at your main and asumed you'd rolled horde! >.<

    I'll add you tonight! ;-)

    ReplyDelete