Monday, January 12, 2009

Spark

The holiday season changed something for me. Somehow I didn't really feel like playing anymore, I kept wondering why I was logging on. There's nothing much to do anyway, I kept thinking to myself. But luckily I was wrong. I found that spark again, the spark that keeps me going. And I found it in Naxxramas.

Yesterday was my first night in Naxxramas ever. Being a Burning Crusade raider, I've hardly ever set foot in any of the Old World raid environments, so this was my first taste of the necropolis of Kel'Thuzad. And I have to say, it was the most fun I've had in a while.

We started in the Arachnid Quarter, working our way through the hordes of spiders to the bosses. The trash was cleared easily, and the bosses went quite smoothly as well. Anub'Rekahn went down easily, as did Maexxna. We wiped once on Faerlina, but the second try was already much more controlled, and she went down hard second time around.

After a quick break we headed for the Plague Quarter, ravaging that place as well. The Noth fight was very controlled, and it felt really good. Heigan was a tricky fellow, it took us a few times to get the dancing under control. It's not that hard, but it takes a few times to get a feel for it. I'm sure I'll do much better next time I'm in Naxx, it's all practice. Loatheb went down quite easily, although I had to watch myself. The 3 second healing window is doable, but not when you're pumping out Seal of Blood crits like crazy. After a few close calls I switched to Seal of Command and did much better. It might be a tad less DPS, but I won't do any DPS when I've killed myself with backfire damage anyway.

After those two quarters we called it a night and headed out again. Follow up is on monday, so we'll see how the rest of Naxx goes. As a paladin, it's really fun. Almost everything is undead, so I get to use my full arsenal of spells. At certain bosses I even have a spell to cast after every clobal cooldown, and that's usually not the case.

Yes, I've certainly enjoyed myself in there. It reminded me of the good times while raiding Karazhan, Gruul's Lair and more. The teamwork, the fun in Vent, the overall good times had by everyone. It's what I've truly missed. Leveling was fun, by all means. It was great to discover a new continent, level up to 80, do heroics and everything. But only for a while. And now I've rediscovered the spark I lost, making it all fun once again.

I've been leveling Myczil again lately, and he's happily at 47 now. Questing is going nicely, although his gear could use an upgrade (come on, still using Odo's Ley Staff from Shadowfang Keep?). Nevertheless, I'm really enjoying myself and I can't wait until he's ready to go to Outlands. I'm hoping to have him ready for Northrend raiding one day, but who knows how long that'll take. I'm taking it slow and steady, enjoying myself along the way. Like I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment