Monday, November 10, 2008

Northrend in sight! And PvP madness?

Achievements have changed a lot in World of Warcraft, as you all have noticed probably. Suddenly everyone is fishing, doing low level instances and jumping from high places. It's interesting how such a (mostly) non-profitable concept can make such an impact.

It has change world PvP as well. Lightbringer's best guild, Carpe Noctem, has already downed Tyrande and Velen, and will be going for Stormwind and Ironforge at some point in the near future. A few days ago a raid group of the best guilds on Alliance side downed the Silvermoon boss (and a well deserved congratulations to them), but overestimated their abilities by going for Sylvanas next. Me and a few guildmates teamed up to try and stop them, but the Horde counterforce was too small, so we decided against it in the end. Defending your home is one thing, but stepping into the fight with those odds is just asking to be nuked down.

We went PvPing instead, something I had never done before. We started off in Warsong Gulch, and I just followed a guildie to get the hang of things. Soon enough I was killing players left and right, and quite enjoyed it as well! We did an Arathi Basin as well, which was enjoyable but not as much as the Gulch. I've been trying out Alterac Valley and Eye of the Storm as well the last few days, and some more Warsong Gulch and Arathi Basin. It's more enjoyable in a group, but still quite enjoyable solo. I like Warsong Gulch and Eye of the Storm the most, Alterac Valley the least so far, and Arathi Basin somewhere in between. I've never been against PvP, but never cared for it either. However, I think I'll be doing some more of it in the future, especially with that Strand of the Ancients battleground coming up. It could turn out to be completely evil, but just the name sounds so cool already! The mounts will be my PvP goal, a bit of work but I accept the challenge. It'll at least give me something to strive for.

PvP is only one of the things I've started doing. These last few days before Lich King have made me do more quest lines (the Greatmother chain in Nagrand atm, I'm aiming for lore-filled quest chains), and grinding rep for various random factions. I never paid attention to the Sha'tari Skyguard, but now I find myself killing Skettis for them. And I still don't know why, but I am. And it's not stopping me either. Odd.

So yeah, only a few more days. I already pre-ordered my copy, but somehow I doubt it'll arrive on thursday. Friday probably, but my fridays are always filled with work and friends, so it'll probably be saturday before Vaadren will set foot on the snowy fields of Northrend. I'll immediately make my Death Knight so I have her ready to play in a few weeks, when the initial madness has died a little. I already reserved a name for her. Ryll the Female Troll Death Knight. I always wanted a female Troll Warrior, but Warriors are a pain to level in my opinion, so I never made one. The Death Knight should provide me with the armored, ass-kicking blademistress I envisioned long ago. I'm already looking forward to the entire experience called Wrath of the Lich King!

No comments:

Post a Comment