Sunday, November 2, 2008

The good, the bad and the shiny

It was a good day today in most respects, slightly less in another. First up, the bad news:

As the (now-infamous) Ghostcrawler has informed in this thread on the Beta forums:

We are looking at some way of making Avenging Wrath and Divine Shield mutually exclusive. This may be through Forbearance, if we can reduce the Forbearance duration through a hotfix. The bubble is intended as a defensive measure. Yet bubble+wings currently is used a lot in BGs and Arenas and helps contribute to the feeling of being destroyed by a Retribution paladin while you are unable to respond.

In summary, this comes down to Avenging Wrath being tied to Forbearance again, and Forbearance having been cut back to 2 minutes. This is basically a step back from TBC even, since the "Wings" gave a higher percentage of damage boost then, and Forbearance was only 1 minute. I've already had a few ffs-moments with that, and it's amazing why Blizzard did this of all things, with numerous better solutions flying around on the beta forums.

Oh well, we'll see how it turns out. On to the better news.

I started today with a heroic Magister's Terrace, in hope of the Netherforce Breastplate. It didn't drop unfortunately, but I did get the Shard of Contempt, so I'm a happy camper. I initially decided to swap out my Darkmoon Card: Crusade in favor of Bloodlust Brooch, but after tweaking and trying each combination out, I found that the Brooch was the one needing to go.

Lots of loafing around later, and I got asked for a ZA guild run (another DPS backed out or something). No real loot from there, I got some mail healing shoulders that are nice, but not overly special. No one else needed them anyway, so it's not like it mattered. Shortly after the run a guildie asked around for a few people for a Gruul & Maggy PuG. I happily went along with a few other guildmates, and ended up at Magtheridon's doorstep first. He went down easily, and I managed to get a whopping 1400 DPS off him, topping the charts! He dropped one pally T4 token, and with a bit of luck I rolled 91 and won. Whoohoo, a new chestpiece! Time to get rid of that mail ZA chest I was wearing.

Off to Gruul next, and with a bit of a sloppy start of the Maulgar pull, we managed to get them down one by one. No one cared too much, as it was all fun and games in Vent, which made it a very good PuG, especially for a raid. Maulgar wasn't so kind as to drop the long-wanted wristbands I so crave, but he did drop two pally shoulders. I rolled 13 for the first, the second highest number. I silently hoped they'd just go for first and second places, but they treated them individually. I rolled a mediocre 51 on the second one, which surprisingly didn't get topped. Then, another person rolled a 54 and I thought I had lost again. However, the person rolling was a warlock who had no use for the token (and most likely was a tad disoriented), so the shoulders went my way anyway. Off to Gruul himself, and time to smack him around. It went very fast, getting im down during hit 5th growth. Only two shatters were executed, and I lived through both easily.

A very enjoyable raid with people from several highly respected guilds of our server. I got to know a few, and they were all nice people. True good players, not just achievement freaks but enjoyable people who enjoy a laugh. Good times.

After the raid I went to get my new gear, waved my mail chestpiece and Ragesteel Shoulders goodbye, and put on my new shiny stuff! I'm sporting full T4 now, and it looks awesome. Let's see about those things getting enchanted tomorrow!

In other news, I've been trying out my DPS on the training dummies, and managed to get a solid 1250-1300 when going all out. Very respectable, don't you think? Also, somehow I'm not going OOM in 4 minutes anymore when going all out. I tried it before when Blizzard announced the JotW nerf, and I believe it happened then. Now, not anymore. Well, you don't hear me complaining!

So everyone, remember your Forbearance when you want to use your Wings or Bubble. Apart from that, enjoy the last few weeks before Wrath of the Lich King comes out. I know I will!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, the Forbearance change is absolutely ludicrous.

    On a happier note, GRATZ on your gear my man! That's some nice DPS you're rockin' out.

    ReplyDelete