Sunday, October 26, 2008

For the Light!

With all the negative news lately, I should mention that I'm still enjoying the game a lot. Sure, things might not look good, but all the more reason to have fun now. So.....


For the last few days, there have been people infected by the Scourge and turning into Ghouls. Unfortunately, those people could not be saved and thus had to be exorcised. After the first few incidents, it remained relatively peaceful and everyone thought it was over.

Guess again!

Necropoli have appeared all over Azeroth, sending down devastating unholy bolts and spawning more ghouls than you can imagine. Even Shattrath City is littered with corpses, showing that the Lich Kings reach is very far indeed. The Argent Dawn has appeared everywhere, trying to battle the Scourge and asking for your aid. And as the Paladin that I am, I answered that call.


In normal terms, Phase 2 of the pre-Wrath event kicked off last night. Infection timers have been reduced from 10 minutes to 2 minutes, and it takes about 10 Cleanses to dispel it. It's getting really hard to combat the Scourge now! I've been doing some of the quests, and having a blast so far. I started playing last year, so I never experienced the pre-Burning Crusade event. I'm very excited to be a part of this now. Killing undead is my specialty even, so I'm enjoying my complete arsenal of spells to its fullest.

Stand strong, fellow Crusaders of the Light. Consecrate the earth around you, keep your holy-imbued blade at the ready, and strike with unparalleled vengeance. For the Light!

3 comments:

  1. By the power and grace of the Holy Light, I stand by you in battling this onslaught of unholiness!

    Already got my Argent Dawn Tabard from the event - back to grinding Stratholme for Argent Dawn rep and a chance at the baron mount.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baron has a mount? Blast him, he didn't mention that the last time I had tea at his place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well he tried to keep it quiet but when I was there I slipped quite a bit of alcohol into his tea, pretty soon he was raving everything he knew.

    ReplyDelete